Saturday, January 26, 2013

Archives Caol Ila 30yo

The last few weeks I have been travelling the southern parts of the USA and had the pleasure of meeting josh of joshziewhisky.blogspot.com.

We did a joint review of one of the recent Archives bottlings, a 30yo Caol Ila. You can read about it here

http://joshziewhisky.blogspot.com/2013/01/cross-continental-whisky-blogger-meetup.html

on top of this I had the pleasure of tasting a range of HIS whiskies :-)

As written, I was very positively surprised by the 1997 Bowmore.. Seems like Bowmore are back on the track of the great whisky they produced in the sixties. Adding to this is similar quality of a couple of 1996 and 1997 Bowmores I had the pleasure of tasting this weekend

Del Maguey

I also had the pleasure of finally tasting Del Maguey, I am sure that even if you hate tequila/mezcal (I do) this will change your mind, at least for this particular produce. A must for any whiskyfan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Macdeffe, I'm curious about the Mezcal. Did you taste other Del Maguey mezcals, or only the one you posted here? It seems that they have an extensive line. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Florin,

      Steffen and I just tasted this San Luis del Rio mezcal from Del Maguey. Rest assured, I'm going to be trying more in the future!

      Josh

      Delete