Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Benromach 10 100 proof versus Benromach 10 43%

Benromach 10 43%




The nose is sweet, slightly peaty, slight old school rubber, the palate is rich and sweet, the rubber is more in the texture than in the taste.Quite oily, the sweetness could be from port casks.

A nice dram, that has a lot to offer compared to other 10 and 12 year old standard bottlings from around Scotland

Score 86/100

Benromach 10 100 proof




This is 100 british proof, so 57.1%

A bit similar to the 43%, but a lot drier. I like the fact that it's not as sweet as the 43%. The peat, and the rubber texture is still there, but not as much as in the 43%. This whisky is very old school and reminds me of what I drank and tasted when i started up with whisky. Basically sweet, more sherryish than port, hint of peat and the finish is long, sweet and old school

This weirdly reminds me of sixities dumpy Cadenhead and Bowmore, I bet if you leave this in the bottle for 30 years you get something very special

Score 89/100

Drinking these gave me the idea that the new Benromach will be magnificient when it reaches 15-18 years. Both of these are tasty complex whiskies, and aimed more for the experienced demanding entusiasts than the casual drinker. The earthy, oily and sweet notes reminds me of old school whisky




No comments:

Post a Comment